Thursday 25 June 2015

A FEW THINGS TO MENTION AND TWO LOVELY BOXES......

A quick post tonight from me to mention that there will be a great new Crafty Individuals Blog Challenge starting at the beginning of July - so do keep a look out here very soon, and also that I am demoing, and running a little 'Make and Take' in the craft shop area of Strikes Garden Centre, Northallerton, this Saturday, from 10am - 4pm (with a little lunch break in the middle) - all welcome for a chat and a play!!

My inspirational makes for this evening's post are two very pretty boxes as painted and stamped by Coco! I am including some step photos taken by Coco and a list of 'ingredients'.  As the photos are pretty much self explanatory I think you will be able to see how Coco went about decorating her boxes without further ado.  Here they are (love the charms in the corners)...




Here are the 'ingredients':


'You will need:
Other Materials:
Paints: PA Fresco Finish Chalk Paints Amethyst, Dolly Mix (plain box) and Adirondack Cranberry and Eggplant (edges), 
Orchid, Zesty Zinc, Tango, Blood Orange, Pansy, Lilac, Vintage Lace, Limelight, Hey Pesto (images)


Mediums: Crackle Glaze, Multi-medium (I used Studio Multi-medium Gloss),  Glossy Accents
Stazon Jet Black/Stazon cleaner, PITT artist pen black (S), Pocket Guide To Mixing Color Vintaj Patina Verdigris, Cobalt (for the butterfly charm)
Two fine brushes'


And here are the steps for the dragonfly box:








And the turtle box was decorated in a similar way:


'The second one I made using the wonderful Alice Palace’s turtle CI-413 and CI-397!!! I did it almost exactly in the same way, except I used other shades of paints, and added extra texture all around the sides with a sea mask and heavy gel medium..'


Thanks to Coco - they are fabulous indeed!

Back soon with details of the July Challenge - hope you can join in!

Jean x 

12 comments:

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful boxes Coco! I like both a lot. Love the turtle too! :-)

Diane said...

Gorgeous boxes Coco !! Love them both !!

hugs Diane xx

Jane said...

What lovely boxes. Looking forward to the new look challenge. I can't believe it's nearly July. Enjoy your weekend x

rachel said...

stunning boxes Jean - looking forward to the next challenge too! Hope you have a great time at the garden centre - big hugs rachel x

ionabunny said...

Hi Jean, looking forward to the July challenge. Love the turtle box. The little seahorse is so cute. And turtle, of course. Hugz

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Oooh Coco these boxes are superb, love the butterfly one but the more I look at the turtle one I think I'm changing my favourite! The painting of the stamped images is beautiful and the little charm in the corner -- perfect. I wonder what the theme for the new challenge will be? X

Nefertiti/sylvie said...

Gorgeons boxes from Coco. I'm lucky because I can see everyday the blue turtle box in my home. Thank you my dear Coco!!!!!

Cocofolies said...

Thanks so much Jean for the honour you are doing to me!! I also loved these two boxes.. I plan to do some new ones, maybe on the theme of Christmas now... I wish you a lovely time demoing on Satursday, hope the weather will continue to be as good as at the moment! Hugs, Coco xxx

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful boxes!

florence said...

Gorgeous boxes from Coco. Such a talented lady. Look forward to seeing the Christmas themed projects.
Have fun demoing Jean.
Hugs Flo x

Gerrina said...

These boxes look so elegant and cheerfull! Great work!

Gio said...

Two very lovely boxes, so fresh and cheerful. Thank you Coco for sharing the process!